In Your Dream,, you can Imagine anything.. :)

Apapun yang ada dalam benakmu, Tuangkanlah melalui tulisan.. Menulislah selagi ide-ide itu mengalir..

Friday 6 December 2013

English Daily Test



THE SECOND ENGLISH DAILY TEST
 SMPN 1 KUNINGAN
GRADE VIII
A.    Multiple Choice
Choose the correct answer!

1.       Father : I’ve got a headache. ______
Mother : Certainly. Here it is.
Father : Thanks.
a. Can you get me an aspirin, please?
b. Will you take me to a doctor, please?
c. Will you help me hold my head?
d. Do you have time to help me?

2.       Danial  : You look unhealthy, Boy.
Hadi    : Yes, I get a headache and a stomachache.
Danial  : You should go to a doctor. Come on, I will accompany you.
Hadi    : Ok.
The underlined words show ....
a. agreement.
b. disagreement.
c. advice.
d. necessity.

Go Camping

The weather was very clear. My family and I decided to go camping last holiday. Father prepared the tent and other equipment. Mother prepared the cooking and eating utensils. I took my fishing rod and my brother brought his sport equipment. When everything was ready, we left for the camping site in countryside.
There were many campers when we arrived at the camping site. Unfortunately, the good location near the river had been occupied by other campers so we had to look for another place. Finally, we found a good place little bit further. It was near a big tree. After setting up the tent, my father and I went fishing. We joined other people sitting on the rock near the river.
In the evening, father made a fire. Mother cooked the fish we caught. I could say that it was the best fish I had ever tasted.  Sleeping in the tent was a very wonderful experience. I woke up early in the morning. I felt fresh. Then I accompanied my brother playing ball.
In the afternoon, we went back home.

3.       Where did the writer and his family set up their tent?
a. Near the river.
b. Near the big tree.
c. At the back of the river.
d. Far away from other campers


4.       What is the type of the text above?
a.       Recount text
b.      Narrative text
c.       Descriptive text
d.      Spoof
5.       What is the purpose of the text above?
a. To describe a camping site.
b. To give instruction how to set up the tent.
c. To retell the writer’s past camping experience .
d. To inform people the new camping site.
6.       What is the writer and his father’s hobby?
a. Camping.
b. Cooking.
c. Fishing.
d. Playing ball.

Read the text then find the suitable words to complete the sentences as an answer of question number 7 to 12
Last week I …….(7) my grandmother’s house. I …….(8) public transportation to reach the house. On the trip, I …….(9) so many beautiful scenery there. My grandmother greet me, when I ……(10) her house. She looked so glad. She …..(11) me her delicious food, then we………..(12) together.
7.       The suitable word for number 1 is…
a. go to
b. goes to
c. went to
d. gone to
8.       The suitable word for number 2 is…
a. Took
b. Take
c. Taken
d. Takked
9.       The suitable word for number 3 is…
a. See
b. Seen
c. Saw
d. Sawed
10.   The suitable word for number 4 is…
a. Came
b. Come
c. Comed
d. Coming
11.   The suitable word for number 5 is…
a. Give
b. Gift
c. Given
d. Gave


12.   The suitable word for number 6 is…
a. Eat
b. Eated
c. Ate
d. Eating

13.   A : Oh No! I forget to bring my pen. _________________ lend me your pen, please?
B : Sure!
a. I don’t think so
b. Can I have
c. What do you think of
d. C
ould you

14.   A : Would you mind taking me some books, please?
B : I’d be glad to, but I’m sorry I can’t. Because I’am so busy now.
The underlined words show ......
a.       Expression of making advice
b.      Expression of declining request
c.       Expression of making request
d.      Expression of declining advice

Text for number 15-19

15, Siliwangi street
Kuningan City
October 3rd 2013

Dear, Winda

How's everything? I'm having a great time. I'm in Malang for a holiday now.  I have been in  this town for a week.
Yesterday my aunty, Latifah, took me to Jawa Timur Park in Batu. It was amazing. The park provided a lot of things to enjoy, such as; a bird park, a flower park, a children park, and "Gallery Belajar". The last was so interesting. Some scientific exhibitons could be found here. Visitors could try them. I think you would be curious to do it if you were there.
The other day we went to "Coban Rondo". It was a fresh and cool waterfall on the slope of mountain. We should pass a small path along the jungle to come to the place. I enjoyed it very much.
On the  last day we went to "Ngliyep". It was a quiet beach. The most interesting to do on the beach was playing with the sand. Tito and Mirna, my cousins, built castle with the sand. I joined them. We were happy when the waves came. They swept the castle we made.
Well, Winda, that's all from me now. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Please reply this soon. Give my best regard to both you and your family.

Yours,

Vivi


15.   The letter above tells about……
A. My experience in making the castle of sand          
B. Vivi’s past experience in Malang
C. Winda’s experience for last holiday                       
D. My experience in Jatim Park
16.   From the text, we can conclude that……
A. Vivi wants Winda to reply it                      
B. Winda asks Vivi to reply the letter
C. Vivi wants me to give best regard               
D. I’m looking forward to hearing from you
17.   Latifah is……
A. Winda’s aunt                      C. my aunt                                          
B. Vivi’s aunt                          D. your famil                                      
18.   From the text we can conclude that some scientific exhibition can be found in…….
A. Jawa Timur Park                C. Batu
B. children park                      D. Gallery Belajar                                           
19.   “Ngliyep” is the name of……..
A. sea                                      C. mountain                                        
B. lake                                     D. sea-shore
20.   15, Siliwangi street
Kuningan City
October 3rd 2013
In the personal letter, this part was called . . .
a.       Body
b.      Greetings
c.       Signature
d.      Heading

B. Essay
1.      Make a short dialogue consisting of giving or asking, accepting and declining request based on this situation! (3 points for each question)
a.       Your mom sicks and she wants you to accompany her for checking up to the doctor.
b.      You missed the school bus. You need your father to drive you to school.

2.      Give your advice for the following health problems! (2 points for each question)
Ø  A : what should I do for a toothache?
B : ___________________________

Ø  A : what should I do for a burn?
B : __________________________
A : I don’t think that’s a good idea. I heard toothpaste makes it worse.



DO YOUR BEST!
GOOD LUCK!!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment